Monday 18 February 2013

19 Tuesday 2013

Hello to family and friends,

My New Year's resolution is to resume my blogging more regularly. As we have seen China with our visiting
family members, I have realized that all of you are with me every day. I see something and it reminds me of
so-and-so. We see something else and we comment on how much so-and-so would love to see it also. So,
to all the so-and-so's in my life, I am thinking about you, always.

Daughters Alisa and Maria arrived in Beijing on Monday the 18th where we met them and then spent 3 wonderful days
touring the main tourist sites, having a grand time. It was cold and the city was drab, compared to the greenery of Guangzhou,
but the sites didn't disappoint. We had Jackie, our tour guide, and he taught us, took us to the best food imaginable, and
made our stay relaxed and fun.

The Forbidden City was crowded with Chinese tourists, as it is their main tourist destination. The Great Wall was our
thrill, as it lives up to its billing as one of the wonders of the world. Really, it is just something you can't believe.

Maria and Alisa can fill you in on our experience with our "real Louis Vitton" purses. All a part of a China visit.

I love the Beijing sites so much that I wondered if the first group would be cheated. They weren't because of their visit to Hong Kong.
Beijing and Hong Kong are the 2 great cities in China and they both provide a perfect memory, each with its own glories.

Beijing has the history and the wonder of the wall.
Hong Kong has the magnificent modern sky line and the beauty of the most spectacular city in the world. Plus we lucked out!
See my #2 blog for photos of our visit to Hong Kong with Ian, Debby, Matt and Lily.

No comments: